Oh my sweet spicy tomato chutney! This one will last in the fridge for weeks, and like the perfect handbag (or man-bag) you can take it everywhere.
If you are looking for something to pair it with try my Burger Veggie Pattie recipe
I have brought this dish to BBQs, pot luck dinners, tapas platters, Indian dishes, on toast, in a salad bowl, and my absolute favorite: a platter with warm crusty sourdough, a bowl of olive oil, seasoned with love, some dukka and a jar of this red glory. Heaven!
If you are looking for something to pair it with try my Burger Veggie Pattie recipe!
Spicy Tomato Chutney!
- 600g tomato, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup maple syrup 2 dates, torn into pieces
- 1-2 long, dried red chilies
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- A slice of ginger
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 red chili, whole 1/4 green chili, whole
- 1 tbsp #LETTINGGO
- Add all the ingredients to a small pot and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes with the lid on. When done, the chutney should have a jam-like consistency.
- Allow to cool down, transfer to a jar and store in the fridge. It will last for 10 days.
Enjoy! Visit my YouTube channel for other recipes like this with videos.
From my kitchen to yours,
Chef Cynthia Louise xx