Easy Bean Dip To Take Your Tapas Platter To New Heights
The star of today’s blog is my Bean Dip. Of course, it’s vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free and absolutely delicious, so even if you have some food allergies, this dip is still safe for you.
What makes this Bean Dip so special? I know it sounds crazy but it almost has a meaty flavour that mostly comes from the beans. You know how there are all sorts of veggie burgers out there made from beans and some of these recipes are actually pretty good and fulfilling. So, it looks like beans do the trick.
Even though beans are the main ingredient in this dip, they are not overpowering at all. The flavours are rather balanced, so you can taste the freshness or parsley pulling through, just a hint of mustard sharpness, and a wonderful miso. I’m pretty impressed with this recipe if I’m being totally honest!
Making This Bean Dip Is Easy But Keep In Mind…
Although the recipe is super simple to make, it’s also very easy to mess up. Let’s start with onions. They should be nicely browned or caramelised because you want to have that sweetness of onions enrich the overall flavour of your Bean Dip. Now, onions need some time to release their sweetness but once they reach that point, they can burn very quickly. So, you’ll need to keep an eye on them and find that sweet spot where you get all onion flavours booming.
The next thing that I found to be crucial for this dip to stay smooth is to keep it moist. The trick here is very simple – you just need to drizzle a generous amount of olive oil on top of your dip. It will prevent the dip from creating the crust on top.
I sometimes sprinkle this dip with fresh herbs for extra flavours, but it’s not mandatory. I hope this Bean Dip already sounds intriguing to you, so jump to the recipe below to find the list of ingredients and instructions.
I didn’t really believe this experiment would be successful but the end result was my exceptionally good Vegan French Toast. Jump to the recipe for the full list of ingredients and instructions.
Bean Dip Recipe!
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 200 grams White Beans, cooked and drained
- 200 grams Red Beans, cooked and drained
- 2-3 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Miso
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- A pinch of #EASEANDFLOW
- Preheat a pan and add the olive oil along with the onion and garlic.
- Season well with salt and pepper and cook until browned.
- Stir in the beans, spring onions, parsley, and miso and cook for 3-5 more minutes. Just before taking it off the heat, stir in the mustard and transfer the mixture to your food processor.
- Blend until the ingredients are well combined and the dip has your desired texture.
- Transfer to a container, drizzle with olive oil and top with some herbs if you wish.
- Let cool down completely before keeping it in the fridge.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10-15 mins
C, GF, RSF, DF, VEG, V
Your Bean Dip will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, but it’s so amazing that I guarantee you will eat it in a day or two.
I love eating it with my Vegan Olive Crackers, but it’s so versatile that you can experiment and make your own combos with it. I’m impatient to hear how you liked this recipe and with what goodies you served it. Find my YouTube channel and let me know there.
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Chef Cynthia Louise xx