Creamy Mushroom Pasta
How would I describe this mushroom pasta? It’s creamy, packed with flavours, and filling. How do I feel when I eat this glory? That’s a different story.
First, I can’t tell there’s no dairy in this recipe because what I taste resembles cream and cheese. What matters to me the most is that two servings later, I don’t fall into that food coma. I bet that after eating something flavourful and savoury like pasta, you often say: Oh, I shouldn’t have eaten so much. You won’t feel that way after eating this epic mushroom pasta, and that’s what makes the difference.
This is one of my most popular recipes and I regularly hear from my friends and fans writing in and sharing their stories of how they tricked their kids and partners into preferring this wholesome, dairy-free pasta to the traditional one. That feels like winning to me.
- 800ml water 1 cup cashews Olive oil, for sauteing
- 1/2 big leek, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 350g portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp savoury yeast
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Gluten-free pasta of your choice
- A pinch of #CARE
- Pour the water into your blender, add the cashews and blend until completely smooth and resembling milk. Set aside.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add the leek, onions, and garlic, season with salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir in the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their natural liquid.
- Pour in the cashew milk and cook on low simmer until the sauce thickens a bit.
- Stir in the savoury yeast, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Flood your pasta with this magnificent sauce and enjoy this savoury treat!
Enjoy! Visit my YouTube channel for other recipes like this with videos.
From my kitchen to yours,
Chef Cynthia Louise xx