Lush, rich, and with a depth of flavour… that’s how I like to describe this corn chowder. My mates love it, especially when it’s served with yummy garlic bread and a drizzle of olive oil. It’s such a wonderful meal that really allows corn to shine and show its glory.
The main advice I can give you to make sure that you nail this recipe is not to blend the entire mixture. Just blend half because chowder is the best when there is some texture in it. I love to add sliced spring onions and fresh coriander and parsel as they complement the corn flavour really well.
Don’t wait, make this beauty today and send loads of love to all our farmers who work so damn hard to grow corn and allow us to enjoy such epic meals.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk, finely diced,4 cups coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, coriander or spring onions, for serving
- 1 tbsp #SELF-WORTH
- Heat a large pot on medium-high and drizzle in the coconut oil.
- Add the corn kernels, onion, capsicum, garlic, and celery and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the milk, scraping the pot base to pull the brown bits off.
- Put the lid on and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat to low, cook for 5 minutes and then transfer half of the mixture to your blender.
- Blend until creamy, and then return back to the pot.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning if needed, pour in your serving bowls, top with some chopped fresh herbs and enjoy!
Enjoy! Visit my YouTube channel for other recipes like this with videos.
From my kitchen to yours,
Chef Cynthia Louise xx