How to Make Vegan Chocolate and Roasted Seed Cookies
Vegan Chocolate Cookies: Crunchy, Sweet and Totally Awesome!
I made some amazing Vegan Chocolate Cookies with my god-daughter Seaenah a couple of days ago. Besides baking these cookies studded with choco chips, we also had a great experience during the entire process of baking. We made a lot of mess, we made mistakes but it didn’t matter at all. What mattered is to cherish those moments of being connected to this food that nature gives us and transform it into something yummy and nourishing.
The Key To Perfect Chocolate Cookies Is In Details
The recipe for these Vegan Chocolate Cookies is very simple but there are a couple of important points to be aware of.
The first one is sugar. Sienna and I used rapadura sugar but you can also use coconut sugar; there will be a slight difference in flavour though since coconut sugar is very sweet and almost has a caramel flavour. If you are still trying to wrap your head around which sugar is good and which one is bad for you, check out my blog on the sugar I use and how I make my choices. Another important thing about sugar in this recipe is that you should beat it together with coconut oil to make it very soft and creamy, so your cookies will have a very nice decadent flavour and texture.
The next detail to keep in mind has to do with measuring ingredients. You know me, I like free-style in cooking but one of my friends, who is a pastry chef, taught me that there’s no free-styling in baking. So, if you want these Vegan Chocolate Cookies to turn out great, you need to follow the recipe and measure everything carefully.
And finally, the last detail to be mindful of is the size and shape of cookies. I like to use an ice cream scoop because I get cookies that are the same size and they all cook the same way.
Vegan Chocolate and Roasted Seed Cookies Recipe!
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Plant Milk of your choice
- 3/4 cup Rapadura Sugar
- 2 cups Spelt Flour or any other flour of your choice
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Roasted Seeds of your choice
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp #LOVE
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla extract, a splash of milk, and sugar.
- Beat the ingredients together until they become creamy and soft.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder, add a pinch of salt, and gradually pour in the remaining milk.
- Mix the ingredients until a dough is formed.
- Fold in the seeds and chocolate chips.
- Make cookies from the dough, line them on the lined tray, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
See, I told you it’s going to be easy to make these cookies; there was one difficult thing though and I’m not gonna lie about it. It was sooooo difficult to wait for the cookies to get ready for eating.
If you enjoyed these Vegan Chocolate Cookies, check out my YouTube channel for more wholefood recipes and don’t forget to hit that subscribe button and you’ll get notifications every time something new is cooking in my kitchen.
With love, from my kitchen to yours,
Chef Cynthia Louise xx