Garlic Bread: Dairy-Free, Guilty-Free, and Fragrant-Packed!
Are you one of those people who LOVE garlic bread but you can’t give your taste buds what they crave for because you can’t have dairy? Well, I have a great solution for you. And this will not be a typical garlic bread, it’s going to be even better! Just to give you a hint – this dairy-free garlic bread is going to fill your kitchen with intoxicating herbal fragrance.
The Key to Dairy-Free Garlic Bread Is…
It’s coconut oil! I know you may be thinking that you don’t want your garlic bread to smell like coconut, but trust me, there won’t be any of this. Coconut oil will only make your garlic bread moist and buttery. A very important thing to keep in mind here is to avoid refined and choose pure, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil because this is where all the goodness is.
When I prepare this recipe, I also make sure that I keep coconut oil at room temperature but I also don’t allow it to become too runny. If it gets too runny, the bread will just soak it up quickly, but if it’s too solid, you won’t be able to spread it nicely on your bread slices. So, keep this tip in mind when you jump to preparing this recipe.
The Intoxicating Aroma Of This Garlic-Bread Comes From…
Fresh herbs! I usually use oregano, rosemary, and thyme for a Mediterranean flavour, and parsley for freshness. I’m a big fan of herbs and love to grow my own. If herbs are new to you, check out my blog and learn how to use fresh herbs in cooking.
And if you are wondering how I manage to capture all of these fragrances, check out the video on my dairy-free garlic bread to find out my tricks.
Dairy-Free Garlic & Herb Bread Recipe!
- ½ cup Coconut Oil, at room temperature
- 4 cloves of Garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf of bread of your choice
- Preheat your oven at 356F / 180C.
- Place baking paper over an aluminum foil sheet and set aside.
- Stir together the coconut oil and minced garlic.
- Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Mix in the chopped herbs. Reserve 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture and set aside.
- Slice the bread loaf but don’t cut all the way down because the slices should keep together.
- Spread the coconut-herb butter on one side of each slice.
- Rub the reserved butter over the top of the loaf and sprinkle with more salt.
- Place the loaf on top of the baking paper, wrap it and seal with the aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Enjoy warm!